29 October 2009

By far the BEST head scratcher I've heard yet.

Sometimes I elaborate on stories to make them seem more interesting, but I swear this really happened today. SWEAR ON THE GRAVE OF HITCHCOCK, this really happened. We're doing a "haunting tales" unit in English and today we started to read "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe. If you haven't read it, it features a black raven. My teacher was asking if there was anyone in the class who was afraid of birds, and one girl mentioned the Hitchcock movie. There were a few exchanges about it, and the kid next to me I SWEAR said this. "Do they even speak in that movie?" omg. I kind of let out a weird snort/laugh thing, and tried to keep from bursting out laughing. My teacher; "Yes John, it's not THAT old." Needless to say, the second it happened I knew I had to blog about it!

11 comments:

Kate Gabrielle said...

At least someone else in your class had seen it, all hope is not lost!!

Nicole said...

Wow that's sad, why would they think there would be no talking in it? Lol that's strange.

Millie said...

Oh, when I saw the title over at twitter I thought it said, "By far the BEST back scratcher I've heard of yet"

Hahaha, I thought it was gonna be about back scratchers...YES! I'M AN IDIOT!

Anyways, that's a hilarious story! The Birds is such a freaky movie (scarier than Psycho IMO!)

Amanda Cooper said...

"Do they even speak in that movie?" How sad - and extremely funny! What rock has he been living under?!

Sarah said...

He thought it was a silent! I was shocked and in a fit of laughter at the same time.

Mercurie said...

Gads, how can anyone think The Birds was a silent film?! It was only made 45 years ago. And it's shown on television all the time!

Harley said...

LOL funny...and sad.

And Millie: who are you?????? LOL.

Wow, that is too weird for me to comprehend; he did know it was released in 1963, right?

Merriam said...

Lol! But that is pathetic.

Matthew Coniam said...

At least he's heard of silent films...
Or perhaps he was wondering if the birds themselves speak in the film. Like a Disney cartoon or something.

Raquelle said...

Oh wow! That's special.

I had a non-movie headscratcher this week. Someone referred to Europe as a country. OMG.

Lolita said...

Haha! I remember when I was little that I asked my mum if Donald Duck existed when she was little... and my brother asked her if electricity had been invented! Still, that's usual kids questions, and I can't believe the stupidity of people as old as us! A class mate when I was 15 once asked the teacher (seriously) where Asia was. People got real quite after that question, haha.