04 July 2009

Chicago and the quest for Ferris Bueller

My friend Kelsey and I have seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off more than anybody should ever have to see it. We quote the little lines that aren't even important, the ones that nobody knows. So naturally, when my mother informs me that we're taking a gander to the windy city, I got all excited because I FINALLY get to reenact some moments. And capturing them, on film, of course. First things first, I had to fufill my inner 8 year old... Yesssssss. Here we go. I only caught this on a trolley seriously as we were turning a corner because my dad told me it was there. The huge bug thing that they call Flamingo: Seriously the greatest picture I have EVER taken...at the top of the Hancock Building, not the Sears tower sadly :( The Art Institute of Chicago: Not only was Nighthawks in the movie, IT'S A TCM MOTIF! O-M-G. Mom didn't understand why I wanted the back of my head to the camera. I had to explain. I will leave you with this.It's pretty self-explanatory. It's also my profile pic on facebook. :) Geez, I feel like Robby by scouting locations!

7 comments:

Millie said...

Hahaha, I love it!

Although, I've never seen the movie...all these pictures were making me laugh!

P.S. I have the Josefina doll...;-D

Sarah said...

Haha, I have Kit and Molly! Gosh, they have so many outfits now it was impossible to keep track. If I was going to get another doll I'd probably get Julie...she's a hippie! :D

Kate Gabrielle said...

I am SO jealous that you got to see Nighthawks & the Seurat (loooong title that I don't remember, Sunday Afternoon on something or other) I love those paintings!! I'm such an art dork.

Your pictures are hilarious! Like Millie, I've never seen the movie but your photos are so funny!

Raquelle said...

I love your adventure! And am so completely jealous you got to see Nighthawks painting in person!

Sarah said...

Kate, Sunday Afternoon on La Grande Jatte :) and thanks!

Unfortch, I hopped into the Nighthawks pic and then hopped out and went on my way. WAY too many people, since it was free to get in. I didn't really get to look at it :( But I'm glad I saw it at least!

Ginger Ingenue said...

Ha! These are hilarious!! You and Cameron in front of the painting, plus the "I think I see my dad," note. How perfect! I love FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF.

How is possible these gals above me have never seen it?? ;)

Sarah said...

Ginger, thanks! I had a ton of fun taking those pics :)