27 June 2009

Fetch me a magnifying glass!

Bottom line: Natalie Wood is in Nancy Drew movie from 2007. I am so excited right now I can't even begin to describe the feeling. So I'm watching Nancy Drew. It's actually a really good movie! Nancy's always wearing the most amazing outfits and the plotline is pretty suspenseful. Anyhow - the whole thing is around the death of a movie star, Dehlia Draycott and the search for her kin. There's one part where Nancy, after tossing and turning in bed, pulls 'evidence' out from under her bed to try to solve the case. This is the part in the story where I started to sit extremely close to the television and have my eyes open to inhuman widths. She pulls out the tray from under her bed. She moves a book on top and a magazine is uncovered. There's a leetle teeny black and white pic and it looks vaguely familiar. Then she pulls out a photo of Dehlia. Also looks familiar. Then, a close up on the magazine... BINGO. Hmmm...one more time. Nancy goes to watch one of Dehlia's films, and her outfit looks freakishy like one Nat wore in The Great Race... After that, Nancy goes to look up more about Dehlia online. Ladies and gents, I give you the dead giveaway: I made a small noise, hardly noticeable. "AAAH OH MY GOD IT'S NATALIE FREAKING WOOD!" See, nobody would have heard me, it was so quiet. No coinky dink here folks. Yeah. So I turned into Nancy Drew while watching Nancy Drew. I feel like I should be typing this on a Smith-Corona typewriter or something. Anyway; I'll be back later, I must go telephone Bess and George and tell them the good news! ;) Caps are from my prnt scrn skillz off of these two vids on youtube.

9 comments:

Millie said...

OMG! I was watching Nancy Drew last week and I screamed to my little brother, "It's Natalie Wood!" (I just recognized some of the shots/pics...I did not in any way realize just how in depth it was about her).

That's so cool, Sarah! You are seriously amazing to spot the IMDb page and everything!

Wow, now, I can go tell my family I'm not crazy! Thank you!

Casey said...

This is such great sleuthing, Sarah! I love quirky props. I watch the props and scenery in films just as much (or even more!) than the actors. I'll even watch a film over several times if it has amazing sets or clothes. :)

Oh, and Nancy Drew has been my hero for years. Although I prefer the 1930's incarnation with the "titian blonde hair." I never could figure out exactly what color that is...

Meredith said...

wow! you're even better than nancy herself!

Millie said...

Hey, Sarah

I just wanted to clarify. I meant that I recognized the magazine cover and a couple of other pics. I don't want you to think that I'm trying to say that I had already figured this out! Because I hadn't in any way!!!!!!!! (I didn't even connect the whole Dehlia was supposed to be Natalie!)

Sorry, I just reread my former comment and thought it came off as sounding rather like I was saying that I had already figured it out.

Anyways...just wanted to clarify!

Merriam said...

Wow, that's just fascinating! To think you figured that out--and that they would put something like that in a modern movie.

Jonas Nordin said...

Haha! Wonderful! It's great being a detective!

Sarah said...

Millie, don't worry about it! ;) I love that you spotted it too.

Casey, I'm exactly like that!!! I seiously rewind when it's just shot after shot of props and sets.

Merriam, thanks! I was really surprised at how it was in a new movie.

Jonas, it IS grea being a detective! I was tempted to start carrying around a notebook to write down clues and evidence. Haha!

Millie said...

Oh, good! I was so worried that you might be upset at me! :-D

Keith said...

That's so cool. I'm actually watching the Nancy Drew movie tonight.