26 June 2009

10 Random Facts about yours truly

The lovely Elizabeth from Olive My Life tagged me to do a little list of sorts about random facts of myself. Naturally, the word 'random' caught my eye so naturally, I must do it. ;) 1. I'm obsessed with the hippie counterculture. I watch all the documentaries and listen to all of the music. The Doors, Cat Stevens, what have you, I love all of it. My friend and I have been planning summer hippie shenanigans; we have a list. We make hemp bracelets. It sounds better in theory than in words, actually. But I love it! 2. I prefer movies/things from the 50s and 60s. For fear of being crucified, I never really said anything about favoring the 60s on this blog because all of you other guys were like OMG GINGER ROGERS AND FRED ASTAIRE IN THE 30S AAAAAH and I was more like um...Frankie and Annette beach movies? Don't get me wrong, I still love and respect movies from other decades, but my heart belongs to the sixties :D 3. I'm a techie computer FREAK. I figured out photoshop by myself, am a wizard at my dvd recorder and HTML is my homeboy. People are always fascinated when they find out I have a blog, I guess they think I'm too young to 'figure it all out'? Whatever. Anyway, I made the blog all creamsicle looking for the summer in case you hadn't noticed :D 4. I prefer rain to sun. I love the sun and all, but my true lover is the rain. It was thunderstorming yesterday and I sat and laughed with my friend. Ah I love it. 5. I love huge ugly sweaters! I have what I call my Cosby sweater (a la Dr Huxtable), then I have my sorority girl sweater from my moms goodwill pile, finally dads huuuuuge Notre Dame sweater. (click for larger) If you have any huge ugly sweaters you don't want, I'm here and willing to receive them ;) 6. I'm a texting fiend. Another geekish thing you probably didn't need to know, but I got so excited for the iPhone 3.0 software update... anyhow, if I'm bored I text somebody. If I'm not bored I text somebody. I named my phone Brunhilde Esterhazy...a box of cookies to whoever guesses what movie it's from first ;) 7. I was obsessed with The Outsiders for weeks in 7th grade. It was so bad; we read the book then watched the movie the last day before spring break. I headed to Blockbuster the next day and rented it. I didn't watch regular TV for a week. It was the movie, the special features disc. Special features disc, the movie. FOR A WEEK. I bought a pair of Chuch Taylor Converse and a red track jacket with double white stripes down the sleeves. I really thought I was a greaser. EMBARRASSING! I'm pretty sure I could also recite the entire movie for you, still. 8. I love to color! I recently bought a 400 page Hello Kitty coloring book for $5. It de-stresses me and I love doing it when I'm watching a movie. :D It brings out my inner kindergartener. 9. I have never had braces, never will need braces, and have absolutely no wisdom teeth. All of my friends want to shoot me and my near perfect teeth and I don't blame them. I've had one filling in my entire life and that was only 2 weeks ago. While my brother is King Cavity I am Queen Pretty Teeth :D 10. I love interior design and all that comes with it. I probably inherit it from my mom who NEEDS to repaint at least one room a year. We've lived in our house going on 10 years and my room has been redone 4 times. I love rearranging furniture :D I'll tag: Millie of Classic Forever Kate of Silents and Talkies Lolita of Lolita's Classics Elizabeth of Oh By Jingo! Oh By Gee! Have fun gals :D

12 comments:

Millie said...

Omigosh, your list is surprisingly similar to me! Freaks ya' out don't it..;-D

I so love Hippie stuff...

50's and 60's stuff I adore. And although I adore Fred and Ginger more, Frankie and Annette are atill pretty stinkin' amazing!

Rain is my best friend! I live in Washington. So, I get rain all year long! Yippie! I kinda freaked my friends out the other day, because I suddenly looked up with a Norma Desmondish look on my face (unintentional I assure you) and said, "Yes, rain and gloomy clouds...just what I wanted!" Hehehe...I'm the odd one out among a lot of Washingtonians...

I love coloring books too! I always work on them when I watch TV...so weird...

I have had braces...I was born with an awful under-bite...but I've only ever had one cavity.

Ahhhhh...this is starting to creep me out! I have to rearrange my room once a year (I'm doing it at this very moment). My room is super small, so the only changes I can ever bring to it are moving my desk/bookshelf/bureau around...

Thanks for the tag! And sorry about the long comment. I didn't proof read it, so if you don't understand it/weird typos are occurring...then I am quite sorry1

Sarah said...

Haha Millie. We need to meet up one of these days. I laughed out loud after reading the Norma Desmond thing! ;)

Meredith said...

YESS a fellow rain lover! we seem to be few and far between but i'm with you on that one. :)

Screen Mavens said...

Brunhilde Esterhazy

On The Town! I adore Betty Garrett :)

-Emily

Sarah said...

Meredith - rain lovers unite!

Screen Mavens, CORRECT! One box of virtual cookies for you :D

Elizabeth said...

I too am a Washingtonian, and I also enjoy rain. I'm used to Midwest rain, so Pacific Northwest rain, no matter how often it falls, is like a walk in the park.

Thank you for the tag!

Lolita said...

Really entertaining! Let's see what I can make of it.

Sarah said...

Elizabeth & Lolita, have fun with the tag!

Kate Gabrielle said...

Thanks for the tag! I'm going to hop to it in a second :) Don't feel bad about liking 60's movies! I think all of us (except Elizabeth) like post 1940's films, too. My preference is definitely the 30's, though I love the sex comedies from the 60's like Sunday in NY, the Doris Day films, etc. and of course anything with Frank Sinatra in it :)

btw, I'm a techie geek too. I taught myself html when I was 13, so I could help my dad with his business site, and since then I've taught myself frontpage, photoshop and some other programs. I love technology so much! I'm the resident IT girl in the house, too-- whenever a computer or television isn't working I have to fix it!

Sarah said...

Kate, I know what you mean with the whole IT girl thing! That would be me (with occasional help from dad). Hope you had fun with the tag!

Kate Gabrielle said...

You're lucky your dad helps out .. mine is technologically incompetent! :)
(You should see him typing... one finger typing one key at a time lol!)

Merriam said...

People writing all these things is getting strange. I've had only one cavity also, and I get the same urge to rearrange my room every so often! Nothing big like painting though. I hope more people will do this tag.