The lovely Elizabeth from Olive My Life tagged me to do a little list of sorts about random facts of myself. Naturally, the word 'random' caught my eye so naturally, I must do it. ;)
1. I'm obsessed with the hippie counterculture. I watch all the documentaries and listen to all of the music. The Doors, Cat Stevens, what have you, I love all of it. My friend and I have been planning summer hippie shenanigans; we have a list. We make hemp bracelets. It sounds better in theory than in words, actually. But I love it!
2. I prefer movies/things from the 50s and 60s. For fear of being crucified, I never really said anything about favoring the 60s on this blog because all of you other guys were like OMG GINGER ROGERS AND FRED ASTAIRE IN THE 30S AAAAAH and I was more like um...Frankie and Annette beach movies? Don't get me wrong, I still love and respect movies from other decades, but my heart belongs to the sixties :D
3. I'm a techie computer FREAK. I figured out photoshop by myself, am a wizard at my dvd recorder and HTML is my homeboy. People are always fascinated when they find out I have a blog, I guess they think I'm too young to 'figure it all out'? Whatever. Anyway, I made the blog all creamsicle looking for the summer in case you hadn't noticed :D
4. I prefer rain to sun. I love the sun and all, but my true lover is the rain. It was thunderstorming yesterday and I sat and laughed with my friend. Ah I love it.
5. I love huge ugly sweaters! I have what I call my Cosby sweater (a la Dr Huxtable), then I have my sorority girl sweater from my moms goodwill pile, finally dads huuuuuge Notre Dame sweater.
(click for larger) If you have any huge ugly sweaters you don't want, I'm here and willing to receive them ;)
6. I'm a texting fiend. Another geekish thing you probably didn't need to know, but I got so excited for the iPhone 3.0 software update... anyhow, if I'm bored I text somebody. If I'm not bored I text somebody. I named my phone Brunhilde Esterhazy...a box of cookies to whoever guesses what movie it's from first ;)
7. I was obsessed with The Outsiders for weeks in 7th grade. It was so bad; we read the book then watched the movie the last day before spring break. I headed to Blockbuster the next day and rented it. I didn't watch regular TV for a week. It was the movie, the special features disc. Special features disc, the movie. FOR A WEEK. I bought a pair of Chuch Taylor Converse and a red track jacket with double white stripes down the sleeves. I really thought I was a greaser. EMBARRASSING! I'm pretty sure I could also recite the entire movie for you, still.
8. I love to color! I recently bought a 400 page Hello Kitty coloring book for $5. It de-stresses me and I love doing it when I'm watching a movie. :D It brings out my inner kindergartener.
9. I have never had braces, never will need braces, and have absolutely no wisdom teeth. All of my friends want to shoot me and my near perfect teeth and I don't blame them. I've had one filling in my entire life and that was only 2 weeks ago. While my brother is King Cavity I am Queen Pretty Teeth :D
10. I love interior design and all that comes with it. I probably inherit it from my mom who NEEDS to repaint at least one room a year. We've lived in our house going on 10 years and my room has been redone 4 times. I love rearranging furniture :D
Millie of Classic Forever
Kate of Silents and Talkies
Lolita of Lolita's Classics
Elizabeth of Oh By Jingo! Oh By Gee!
Have fun gals :D