16 May 2009

A gift pour moi! And then some...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMG okay. So my dad said that he had a poster thing in his office that I would be interested in, etc. He couldn't explain it very well so I just said I'd have to see it. I don't know how it would be in his office in the first place, being that he works at a police station, but whatev. Holy moly, it was like CHRISTMAS! Granted, I've never heard of Elaine Stewart in my life, but once I looked up her filmography, she was in a few well-known movies albeit with small parts. She was in The Bad and the Beautiful and Brigadoon, among others. She didn't have too much of a career (hence, I don't know who she is) but oh boy was I excited when I laid my eyes on this beaut: ISN'T IT EXCITING/AMAZING/TREASURE/GLORIOUS/ANY OTHER ADJECTIVE FOR FLIPPING SWEET?! I'm still freaking. O-M-G. Mkay so anyway, I got bored with the blinding whiteness of this blog, so I made it nice and minty green with a header that looks like it got left on the floor of a remodeled home (ie, paint all over it). Little Liz Taylor has been the covergirl for the blog a few times, so I figured what the heck? Put her on again. Another thing; I recently acquired a DVD recorder! YAY! I'm like a madwoman recording everything. I'm running out of jewel cases, I have so many. I'm going to take a trip to...Target? Office Max? to get a big ol' binder to heft all my movies in :D The tape>DVD conversion will probably take a while, as depicted here. Like my quilt of VHS tapes I put together? Ugh. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Classic Maiden said...

That's such a beauty, and Elaine Stewart - I always like when she appears in films :D

Love the new header!

Raquelle said...

Oh I never heard of Elaine Stewart but that poster is gorgeous!

I'm so jealous of your DVD Recorder.

Kate Gabrielle said...

What a neat poster! I'll have to watch out for her in Brigadoon & The Bad and the Beautiful.

A binder is a great idea-- I get the gigantic 220 (or so) disc binders at staples for like $15, and they work like a charm :)

yiqin; said...

Wow, all those tapes!!

Sarah said...

Maiden, thanks! I'm going to have to look out for her in movies now :)

Raquelle, my mom said "at least she's pretty." I wouldn't have even cared, regardless. It's original and super cool!

Kate, I noticed you had the binders in your anatomy of an entertainment center post. Sort of where the idea originated! And my dad's going crazy because I'm using all of the jewel cases. :/

yiqin, I know! There were more in the basement when I took that picture! It's complete craziness, but I love being surround by all of my movies :D

emme said...

How nice to be able to transfer your movies from VHS to DVD! Personally, I can't help but still love our good old VHS tapes. They take up so much more room...but...!

I don't know if we'll ever be able to transfer all of our VHS tapes over onto DVDs. We don't have a DVD recorder and...we have upwards of 700 or so tapes. Eeks!

My mom is always trying to make my sister & I get rid of some, but how could we throw away such good old films? Rare ones to boot!

*sigh* I suppose if you aren't a classic film fan you just can't understand! And my mom definitely isn't! 'Tis a shame...

~Emily

Sarah said...

Emily, geez 700 tapes! Gracious! I thought I had it bad. Next time something goes awry with my tapes, I'll think of you. haha :)