01 May 2009

Eloise and Ramona, Splash Award, My Face, etc.

This is a catch-all post. Randomy randomness, hoorah! First off, I was awarded the Splash Award (like the pink? HTML memories from like, 7th grade) from Millie! (bahaha) EDIT: Merriam has re-awarded me the Splash! Thank you! :D EDIT x2: Harly (aka Graciebird) also re-awarded me the Splash, thanks! ;) The Splash award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs. When you receive this award, you must: 1. Put the logo on your blog/post. 2. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you. 3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post. 4. Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog. 5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash award. I now bestow this wonderous award upon...some new friends! I've found some really great new blogs lately, so I want to show them that...I actually read them. ;) Merriam of Bygone Brilliance: Really great reviews, awesome pictures and, well, let's just point out the obvs...she's a Nat fan. REPRESENT! Alexis of Ingrid Bergman: Life and Films: LOVE LOVE LOVE this new blog. I never really knew much about Ingrid, but through this I do now! I think this is my favorite post :D Jenny of Cinema OCD: Jenny is hilarious. The monkey funeral post had me in stitches. Mkay, so that was only 3 and I was supposed to nominate 9...Whatevs, I'm a rebel. MOVING ON. Kate's sketches of her flappers are basically the cutest things ever. Natch, whenever I get a visual of something cute in my head, IT DOES NOT GO AWAY. 1 boring biology teacher + pen and paper = this... I threw in Bette, who I drew on the plane...I was so bored, I can't even tell you. And since this seems to be a happy occaision, I drew Eloise and Ramona and posed with them! PS: I think this is the first post where I used on AND off topic randomness as the labels...weird.

7 comments:

Millie said...

i CANNOT believe Merriam has a blog. I have been trying to make her get one for SO long. She finally does, but she doesn't tell me...can you beat that?

Anyways...

Lovely drawings, Sarah! I love the Bette one! It's delightful (IDK, but "delightful" always sounds kinda creepy...sorry,lol!)...

And, this was totally the first time I have seen a picture of you. You are very pretty!

Sarah said...

WHAT?! She didn't tell you? Boy, is she in for it. ;) And delightful does not sound creepy! Well, occasionally. When MEANT to sound creepy. Anyhow, thank you!

Kate Gabrielle said...

I LOVE the drawings, Sarah!!! You thought of so many good ideas-- the feather in her hair, the veil! The Eiffel Tower!! Eloise and Ramona would probably want to spend more time with your pen-- with you they get to see Paris, with me they're stuck on a swing set! Mind if I link to the post on my blog? <3

ps. Congrats on the Splash!!

Sarah said...

Thanks Kate! My feather looks like it was on fire and now the skeleton is left :( Haha anyhow, feel free to link to it!

Merriam said...

Hey Sarah, I decided to award you the Splash Award because I really like your blog...there is more info on my blog. And thank you for awarding me in the first place.

Graciebird said...

SARAH!!!!! Your drawings made me LOL. The poor man's Bette Davis??? Who are you? (I mean that in a good way. And btw, creeper is one of my favorite words). And you are so pretty! It's a cute picture.

Sarah said...

Haha, thank you Harly! I wrote poor man's because it doesn't really look like her. And I kinda love that phrase :)