09 March 2009

Hey MTV, Welcome to My Crib

You can see a bit of my baby, my papasan chair in the bottom left corner. I alphabetize all of my DVDs because I am neurotic mess :) My VHS tapes are organized by ones I have not seen on top, and previously viewed on the bottom. They include: Love With the Proper Stranger, Penelope, Tomorrow is Forever, Kings Go Forth, Meteor (only because NW is in it-otherwise it sucks), Gilda, Gigi, On the Waterfront, Phaedra, Anna Karenina, Dinner at Eight, Dial M for Murder, An American in Paris, The Music Box, Duck Soup, Animal Crackers, Gone With the Wind (on 2 tapes), To Have and Have Not, [Previously viewed starts] Green Mansions, Two for the Road, The Out of Towners, Psycho, Sweet Smell of Success, Little Women (1949), South Pacific, Oklahoma and The Candidate. I also have some newish ones like The Doors (1991) and Almost Famous. I also like to collage random stuff together, so last summer I finally compiled all of my clippings into one huge poster. I went through a ton of setups before deciding on this, and I finally put it on my wall :D Click here to see it, because it's a bit large. So, that's my little corner! I seriously need to start watching most of my tapes, but I get so caught up with my DVR :/ Buuuuut, my thesis paper is done!!! :D I'm trying to restore all of my creative juice since it was robbed of me while writing that thing.

8 comments:

Raquelle said...

Thanks for participating! I like how your DVD collection has a good amount of pink in it.

Nice collage too. :-)

I have This Property is Condemned on my Netflix queue, FYI. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Millie said...

Love this! This post is amazing!

I should do this, but I'm gonna wait until my room is clean...hehehe!

Kate Gabrielle said...

I love your collage! I just spent like six minutes just looking at each clipping! Very nifty :)

Princess Fire and Music said...

I like your organizational system! I tend to buy DVDs and then not watch them until months later, so having a specific spot for movies I haven't seen yet sounds like a great idea.

Sarah said...

Raquelle, I call my top shelf the easter egg collection. :)

Millie, thanks! I was also gonna post a pic of my blogging area (desk) but that was a point of no return zone. Another time, I guess!

Kate, thank you! It took me like ten years to conjure up enough stuff to glue on :D

Caitlin, my VHS system works out pretty well. I originally had 'not seen yet' on the bottom, but I realized if they are staring at me on top, I'll watch them!

Sarah said...

Also Raquelle, enjoy Property! Mary Badham is very good in it and has some funny one liners.

Nicole said...

Wow I love your movie collection. =)

Sarah said...

Thanks Nicole :)