09 January 2009

My name is Sarah and I am a DVDaholic.

So Christmas 2008 has come and passed, and I must say Mr Kringle was quite kind to me. Honestly, it's bad when I get Borders gift cards. I have minor meltdowns by the DVDs. I was there the other day, sitting indian style on the ground looking at dvds and a guy who worked there appeared and asked if everything was alright...Yes, I'm fine, but please go away while I am "in the zone." It was also a very bookish Christmas; I received both TCM's 50 Leading Men/Ladies books, 2 biographies and Charlotte and Emily Bronte - The Complete Novels. Plus season 2 of the Mary Tyler Moore Show ;D One of my favorite gifts was Vanity Fair Portraits. It's super heavy and huge, which makes for better photographs :) I had to take a pic of this, I cracked up when I saw it: As soon as I saw that Louise Brooks appeared to be slyly ogling his hotliness Rob Lowe, I thought whoever was editing this book either did it on purpose or had no idea what they had done. Of course, nobody thought it was as funny as I did. PS: Posts will continue to be sporadic, as midterms are towards the end of January and I will be studying my buns off (which might shed those holiday pounds).

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, I am just like you. A couple days before Christmas, my Mom and I were getting last minute Christmas presents for my Dad at Barnes + Noble's. Unlike her, I got distracted by all of the old movies, that I was basically laying on the floor, trying to look at all of the movies. They had so many good old movies that I'm now tempted to go back there and buy some more. haha

Sarah said...

Nicole: I get a weird dorky enjoyment out of sitting on bookstore floors...nothing quite like it :)

Millie said...

I sit like that too!

And I also do it at the library! The librarians are forever getting in my way as they reshelve discs....hahaha!

And the new one's always look at me kinda funny...but then they learn about me. I am a legend in my own library system...

-Millie a.k.a ILoveRayMilland